It has been a tradition in our family since Miranda's first Christmas for our girls to make their own gifts to give to friends and family.
(*side note....due to her busy schedule and iQ academy, this is actually Miranda's first Christmas that she is not making/giving Christmas gifts)
So this year Madison decided on something special for her Aunt, Uncle and cousins in California.....hand made knitted hats.
Only one problem.
No need for hats in Southern California.
I helped Madi brainstorm and we came up with the idea for her to donate the hats to the Cancer Center here in town. So Madison worked hard and had finished her 7 hats by the 15th. She took pictures of each hat and wrote the name of a cousin or aunt/uncle on the picture and mailed them off in their Christmas package and then headed off to give them away. The nurses at the cancer center were so very pleased to receive the hats and Madison and her tender heart were happy at the thought of the hats going to
those that need them most.
*******
After Christmas we got a phone call from Auntie Christine telling us how much they
loved Madison's gift.
How cool is that?



3 comments:
She is such a cool kid. What a tender heart she has. That is a wonderful gift for sure!
We loved the amazing package! Little Derek has been carrying around the hug and hugging himself :) I think Madison is amazing! What an awesome gift. I was so impressed! I love and miss all of you!
I think this is so sweet and thoughtful. I love that you came up with an idea to make it work since you didn't need hats for yourselves. What a inspiring daughter you have, hope she keeps doing them as she gets older.
Homemade gifts are the best gifts I always feel. That is a great tradition for your family.
I enjoyed the other two posts you have too. My daughters are in chorus and every year I get choked up just listening to them on stage. It is a beautiful start to the season.
Thanks so much for the nice comment on my blog. So happy we are thinking/doing some of the same things. Looking forward to following you in 2013. Hope you can post some of your art on your blog, would love to see it.
Enjoy the last week of the year.
Post a Comment