One of our longstanding family traditions is to go around the Thanksgiving dinner table and say what we're thankful for. Usually Salena writes them down so we can remember but this year we forgot. So we are sitting at home in our jammies chatting on the computer trying to recreate the list.
My mom went first and she said that she's thankful for Jesus dying for our sins.
We can't remember what my Dad Ron said.
I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Madi said books.
Abram thought he was being VERY funny and said peanut butter (Because he was before Miranda!).
Next was Ethan. He was thankful for a warm home and healthy bodies.
Miranda surprised us all and said that she's thankful for Fergus Falls. It makes me happy that she is enjoying growing up here.
Kamiryn is thankful for her "magic fingers". That entire experience was such a testimony builder for my sweet girl!
Danelle said FREEDOM.
My dad Lloyd said that he's thankful for snow! (We had our first snowfall of the season on Thanksgiving day and it was beautiful outside!)
Steven said he's thankful for safe travels during his commutes.
Salena's was the best......she cried and said that she is thankful that she lives in the same town as all of us and is around to help out, be together and see her nieces grow up.
A blessing indeed.
I am thankful for each of these things mentioned as well and so very much more.
There is just so much to be thankful for this holiday season.
If you find yourself less than enthusiastic for the approaching holiday season try keeping a gratitude journal. It really works.
"Count your many blessings. Name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done!"
eta: I found out what my Dad Lloyd said so I changed his and I will change Ethan's as soon as I read Salena's blogpost. ;)
eta: Ethan's is included now too.
Kewpie
3 days ago



3 comments:
Great tradition...and I like that you try to keep track too. Counting my blessings helps me to be thankful when times seem tough. I am thankful for our friendship and for the light that your beautiful family brought into my life. I love you all.
You totally stole my blog post, you stealer!
Ethan told me what he said but I'm not telling you! You'll have to read my blog and find out! :)
Hahaha...your ETA, funny!
Post a Comment