Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Daily Dose Required

There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light.

O there's sunshine, blessed sunshine,
While the peaceful, happy moments roll;
When Jesus shows His smiling face
There is sunshine in my soul.
 


Yesterday I was driving home from dropping Miranda off at band in the morning
and there it was.
Sunshine.
Beautiful sunshine.
You grow to appreciate it more when you don't have a continuous and unlimited supply.
Instantly I began to sing my favorite hymn.
Often I sing this (in my head....I rarely sing out loud...it scares people) on a gray day to bring a little sunshine to my soul. I just googled the song and learned the meaning behind the words.
Words: Eli­za E. Hew­itt, in Glad Hal­le­lu­jahs, by Wil­liam J. Kirk­pat­rick and John Swe­ney
(Phil­a­del­phia, Penn­syl­van­ia: Thom­as T. Task­er, Sr., 1887). Hew­itt suf­fered a se­vere back in­ju­ry, but af­ter six months in a cast,
 she was fin­al­ly able to take a simp­le walk in the park. The joy she felt at her re­cov­ery prompt­ed these words.
Perspective.
Also a VERY healthy thing to have a daily dose of.

3 comments:

Christine said...

This is a favorite of mine! I love you! I am glad you got some sunshine. I wish that weekly I could come in person and bring you some of mine! XOXOXO

the mom~ said...

I LOVE me some SUNshine too!

Lori said...

One of my favorite hymns. It really helps appreciate the lyrics that much more to know the meaning of them. Thanks. I am glad you had some sunshine to feed your soul. I love my town...lots of sunny days. Even in the blasted cold. <3