I really do work on being mindful of my blessings all year long.
There is just something about this time of year though that brings me back to a celebration of gratitude and thanksgiving. My heart and my head automatically center themselves in all that I have to be grateful for. Like a self recalibration every November 1.
So today I will start with a random 10 things that I am so very grateful for.
1. My redeemer Jesus Christ.
2. My knowledge of the true and everlasting Gospel.
3. My family and the opportunity that we have to be TOGETHER FOREVER.
4. Amazing people that I have collected on this life's journey that are now inextricably linked to my life forever.
5. Pandora...especially my 573 Christmas stations. (Really only 4 or 5!)
6. The most amazing husband and children that a girl could ever hope to have.
7. A warm, safe, comfortable, cozy home.
8. White, twinkly lights. Not just for Christmas you know.
9. Books. Reading and writing are such a HUGE part of my life and our home.
10. Turning 40. October was truly a celebration of life for me. I am grateful just to be here.
I truly believe that being mindful of our blessings and keeping a gratitude journal ESPECAILLY during the holiday season helps us focus, ease depression, be more cheerful and kind to others and centered on all the good that already surrounds us.
I am reminded of a favorite quote....."Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got". So if you don't already incorporate this into your holiday season (For me
this is November 1-December 31.......I include Thanksgiving and Christmas in my great big season of HAPPY & FESTIVE!) grab a journal, notebook, blog or grocery receipt and GET STARTED!
What are you grateful for today?
Kewpie
3 days ago


2 comments:
I am thankful for you my sister. My life is better for having you in it. <3
I echo Lori's words. We are all so blessed by Heavenly Father with the people in our lives department! Thank you sis for this reminder. I have been working all year on Gratitude. But I confess that it is much easier during the "Holidays". I like Halloween. But I LOVE Thanksgiving and Christmas is my favorite. Can't wait to focus on what is important. Thanks for Starting my November off right! XOXO
Post a Comment