Friday, November 16, 2012

5 for Friday

1. Thanksgiving is ALMOST here. Our menu for this year is pretty standard. Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, squash, cranberry sauce and rolls. Salena makes the yummiest appetizers and my girls and I usually come up with something delish for dessert. This is what I'm thinking for this year. Can't wait.

2. I am LOVING yoga! This month was my first month of attending regularly. Before this I had been to 3 classes and a retreat. I am doing a noon class on Tuesdays and it is like a mini vay-cay every week. In December I will get my Zen on and take Tuesday and Thursday classes. Bring on the Christmas calm!

3. I followed along with the blog All Done by December One. So far I have crossed off photo shoot, make and order Christmas cards from said photo shoot (THANKS NAE!), write Christmas letter, order address labels......I have menus planned, gift lists made, homemade ornaments finished, tickets have been bought for the Christmas concert and Christmas play that I will be attending, many gifts purchased (out of the few gifts that I am actually buying), outside lights are up and Black Friday plans are in place.
I still need to decorate the inside, put up the tree, wrap all the gifts, print and mail the Christmas letters/cards, bake and ENJOY the season.

4. My favorite book right now is Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin. I loved her first book The Happiness Project but I seem to be getting so much more out of this one. I love books that give practical and specific ideas and not just vague notions on how to improve your life/attitude/self.  I am planning my own HAPPINESS PROJECT for 2013.
It will be huge. For me.

5. Today I will attend my first meeting of my brand new journaling group, Write Club. There are just four of us in the group which is perfect I think. We will have writing prompts each week and spend time writing, reviewing, discussing, etc.... I can't wait!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love your list. Your writing group sounds perfect!! I am glad you are de-stressing your life!!!