I rarely have Saturdays off of work and when I do it is usually because the entire day is packed full of activities, meetings, events, etc..... Today was a special treat for me....a whole day off of work and just two scheduled activities. The day started with sleeping in (blissful) until 9:00 and then spending a few hours putzing around in my jammies, cleaning and hanging out with my family. At 11am we added 2 more girls to our crew for the weekend, had some lunch, prepared dinner (for later) and headed off to watch Danelle and Kamiryn perform in Dance & Dessert. Our family has been participating in this event for about 8 years and it is always such a great start to our Christmas season. It was so much fun to watch the girls dance....they are both very entertaining! ;) After Dance & Dessert we headed home where I had 2 WHOLE HOURS to myself. Derek needed the computer for school so I couldn't sit and waste time on Pinterest so I headed upstairs with my ipod and listened to Christmas music while I did a present inventory and even wrapped a couple of gifts. I feel more organized and now I know who needs ss and who does NOT!
It was a great Saturday afternoon!
Cheeseburger soup had been simmering on the stove all day and fully satisfied all 9 of us around our table! The no-fail french bread did indeed fail (when the recipe says shortening...apparently it means it!). The first time ever so I warmed up some store bought rolls and not a single soul complained. After dinner my Dad Lloyd and I took Abby, Danelle, Kippy, Madison and Kamiryn to 'The Marketplace' put on by a local church. It is a journey through Bethlehem ending with a live manger scene. It was AMAZING and the kids loved it!
I love the special things we do together as a family during the holiday season.
Today was a treat for sure.
Kewpie
4 days ago


2 comments:
I wanna go to the "market place". It sounds magical.
It was beautiful and reminded my of when Abram and I were Mary and baby Jesus, I loved it as well.
Post a Comment