Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Scenes from the Season

This year has been a good year for me in many ways. One of the things that has brought some joy into my life this year is thrifting. I have many blog posts saved in drafts and I am pretty sure that a few of them are regarding my fabulous finds from Savers, yard & rummage sales and other junking and thrifting adventures. This wire basket is a favorite find from the fabulous birthday junking trip that was arranged by my thoughtful and fabulous sister Salena. At the start of this holiday season I had a vision and set off to make it a reality. I knew that I wanted to fill this basket with glass bulbs and sent a kid down to the basement to find the bulbs for me. Turns out that I had only a few and they were the little ones. They barely covered the bottom of the basket and looked pretty pitiful! I spent the last few weeks of November scouring thrift stores and hit the jackpot at a store in DL (an hour away from home). I got several boxes of vintage glass balls for about a dollar a box. I filled the basket, two large glass jars and a couple of bowls with these lovely jewel toned confections! I have many other "favorite" finds to share with you, but not in this post. Did you get a new favorite decoration this Christmas?

2 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah, still waiting for the thrifting posts. I am loving the wire basket...and you know I have a thing for vintage Christmas bulbs. Love it all!!

maggie said...

Love the basket, and love the vintage style glass balls. So classic!