Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Past Seven Days......

**eta
*Last Tuesday I boarded an airplane and headed to California for a funeral.
*On Wednesday I changed the diaper of my toddler nephew and then got him dressed in a race with his brother and momma , attended the funeral of Dad T (he was one of the people that helped me receive the gospel and forever changed my life), visited with many dear family and friends that I do not get to see often enough, ate at the Taco Shop in Murrieta, laughed harder than I have in a very long time on the way to the temple with my siblings, attended an endowment session at the temple with the same sibs and finished the day (which was technically the next day by now) with a late night trip to In and Out Burger for burgers, shakes and fries. It was an emotional day for sure, but strangely enough....a REALLY good day. *Thursday I said goodbye, boarded a plane after a quick Jack In the Box fix and flew back to Fargo, ND. I was so very tired from less than 10 hours sleep in 72 hours that I couldn't drive home right away. I thrifted for awhile and attempted to caravan home from Fargo with my sweet husband. It was good to be home with my family. Yes, it was only 2 days, but I missed my sweet girls and awesome hubby. My whole family was really good about this last minute trip.....thanks mom and Salena for helping out!
*On Friday I drove back to the airport and said goodbye once more. This time to my sweet Dani girl. She will be attending an intermediate ballet dance intensive at BYU. It starts today and ends on July 16. I already miss her MUCH! Before we headed to the airport we made sure she was fully packed and had everything she needed, then we went strawberry picking for an hour with the Ness' & Grandmom. I wanted to get this in before I was down to just 3 girls. It is one of my favorite traditions and I needed Dani to be included. I once again went thrifting before heading home from Fargo. I am starting to think that my thrifting adventures need to have their own post. I find some pretty great deals out there!
*I worked 8-4 on Saturday and then spent the rest of the day with my girls. We had farm fresh egg omelets for dinner with fresh basil and chives from our garden, tomatoes and mushrooms from the store and spinach from our CSA share. Then we headed over to grandmom's for swimming and visiting. I ended this day with a bedtime story at Toast & Jelly Days where I had to go pick up my Miranda girl. She is all about storytelling you know. **Oh, and we made crepes. Madi made them actually and they were really yummy!
*Sunday was Derek's first of his three days off which is always a happy day for me, especially since I was in CA during his last 2 days off. We enjoyed a lovely day at church, home again for naps and then a wonderful evening visiting with dear friends and celebrating 4th of July "eve". *Yesterday was busy! Derek and I started the day with an 8am 5k race in Moorhead, MN. Our results are not posted yet, but I do not think that I pr'd this time. Not sure why, but I found it difficult to get much training in lately (lol....snort...guffaw...ROFL....). And it was very warm....already close to 80* at 8am when the race started. ** I did actually have a PR!!! Woohoo!!!! 32:30...my best 5k time so far! It was a fun race though and I like having that time with my sweet and awesome husband. We headed home to get the girls and then to hang out with some of Derek's family at their new cabin. It was a beautiful day! We finished our fabulous 4th with more fun, family, food and fireworks at my parent's house here in town. It was a day full of memories including the USA! boys at the run, Derek waiting to finish the race with me, getting STUCK in the MUCK at Lake Alice (again....a subject that deserves it's own post....and I have pictures!!!), having the police almost shut down our illegal fireworks show and the fabulous thunderstorm that finally put a quick end to our fun and sent us home in a hurry. The lightening lit up the sky for a couple of hours. It was AWESOME!!!
So today I am enjoying the return to routine. I have gone to exercise class, cleaned the house, read a book, weeded, cleaned and planted in my front flower garden, snuggled girls, blogged, checked and returned emails and am off to work at 4.
Life is good. I am blessed.

3 comments:

Lori said...

You are one of the busiest people I know. I would love to see your thrifting adventures on your blog...and the muck...Really, I would. I am glad you are getting back to normal and I can't wait to see you soon.

Nae said...

You accomplish more in a week than most people do in 6 months! Being present in the moment is something you are very good at. Glad you were able to spend pre-4th of July with us but there are many, many stories that I haven't heard yet. Good thing we have a girls trip on MONDAY. HOOT-HOOT!

the mom~ said...

BUSY! Your as busy as I am, lol
Glad we got to spend the 4th together and strawberry pick!