Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Favorite Springtime Treat

When springtime comes and the rhubarb grows and I am able to beg and plead for


acquire some of these red and green stalks.....




This is one of the very first treats that I make each year. I {heart} rhubarb fritters. The best way to eat these is when they are still warm with a tall glass of very cold milk.




Last night Miranda, Kamiryn and I made up a batch. It is always too much for us to eat so it is fun making up plates to take to the neighbors.


Do you have a favorite rhubarb treat?



*eta....It was late and I was losing light when I took these photos. I won't be sending in my resume for food photog anytime soon.


Oh...and I have no idea why this only has 2 stars on the taste of home site....we LOVE these things!


http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Rhubarb-Fritters

No comments: