skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Today I asked Danelle how she would feel if one year at Christmas we switched things up a bit and did not give gifts, but instead took a trip or gave Christmas to a family that needed it more than us. She paused for a minute and said "I don't know. It would be pretty hard to not give gifts to anyone. Could I still do that? Give gifts?". I said that maybe we could still do that. Then she asked if she could still receive just one gift. I asked what that would be expecting something big and she said "socks....I really like getting socks and I always need new socks when Christmas comes around again". What is so interesting and funny to me is that I had an almost identical conversation with Madison about 20 minutes later. I was alone with each of them in the car at the time so there is no way that she could have heard me talking to her sister but she too requested just one gift. Only she wants fuzzy socks. Today was a good day. Lots of little happy moments. This is one that I want to remember.
5 comments:
I love new socks. I am very impressed with how selfless your girls are. Good job Mama. What a bunch of sweeties.
I think it is because socks represent something much bigger than a covering for their feet. It represents the love, comfort and stability they receive from you and Derek. You are wonderful parents and have the most beautiful children. Such a blessing!
Such sweet, good girls. What a happy day for you. :)
Yes...So sweet! I love it! And look in the mirror sis...you and their dad raised them this way...that kind of thing does not happen by accident ;)
Love it!
Post a Comment