Thursday, September 23, 2010

About a hundred years ago when I was still a California girl I read an article in a magazine (Family Circle or something like that) about the Minnesota State Fair and how it was "the great Minnesota get together". I saved that article forever (shocking I know) and was determined to someday make it there. I of course had no idea at the time that I would someday live in Minnesota and have the opportunity to go year after year. Although our attendance at the fair has been sporadic and random we love 2 eat peanut butter. At the fair everything is very big and scary. The 4-H judges are really tough. Sweet Martha's cookies are very good, especially when you eat them with all you can drink milk. Yum! (Miranda has struck again, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!)
Highlights of the Great Minnesota Get Together 2010:
*Kamiryn getting her picture taken with Miss MN.
*The giant slide.
*A big bucket of Sweet Martha's cookies and all you can drink milk from the dairy barn.
*Meeting a sweet old woodcarver from Greece.
*Seeing all the awesome artwork and handcrafts on display.
*People watching.
*Having the rain hold out until just before we were ready to leave.
*The 4-H experience.
*Participating in the Found Objects Sculpture scavenger hunt.
*Having a great day together as a family.
*Watching my girls interact.

6 comments:

Heather said...

And that's what happens when you walk away in the middle of a blog post. :)
-Miranda

Heather said...

HEY!!!! I wasn't even done with this post! I still need to add pictures! WHAT A STINK YOU ARE!!! (and maybe a little bit funny...hmpf!) -Mom

Melissa said...

you guys are funny.

Lori said...

That's it! She is grounded! hahahahaha OK...Sounds like the fair was a hit!

Nae said...

Funny girl, Miranda! It is good to keep your mama on her toes! Glad your family had fun at the fair. I haven't had the desire to go to the MN fair yet. Perhaps it is because I grew up going to the ND and SD state fairs and am kinda over it.

the mom~ said...

LOL, I was like what does eatting PB have to do with ANYTHING!!?!?! ROFL!