Friday, March 26, 2010

Five for Friday

1. I really truly might maybe re-finish my Florida highlights and pictures post this weekend. It is now acting as a blockade between me and normal regular blogging. Ugh. I have a really fun FHE experience that I very much want to tell you about. Also some lovely St. Patrick's Day outside play. Oh and my first scrapbook page in over 2 years to show you. See? I just need to get it done!

2. Lately I have been very busy trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. These are hard decisions people and what if I decide wrong? I think I have it figured out. I'll let you know as soon as I'm registered/hired/designed/up and running/etc.....

3. Tomorrow I have my very first photo shoot with twins. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I also have my very first wedding shoot booked and I am VERY nervous about this.

4. I have had many tender mercies this week that manifest God's love for me. I am very grateful for these blessings. I have been praying for something for many years that just isn't coming to pass. Instead of feeling like my prayer is going unheard or unanswered I know that He is listening and the answer is just "not now" or "not yet" or "wait and see". It is easier to handle because He shows me in many ways His love for me. So I don't worry so much about so-called "unanswered prayers". I just try very hard to Keep Calm and Carry On. (I really NEED one of those prints!)

5. The sun is shining and warm weather is forecasted for the coming week. It is supposed to be near 60 degrees very soon. This makes me happy. It also makes it easier for me to keep calm and carry on! Other things that make it easier for me to keep calm and carry on are: the fact that it is Friday, these awesome girls of mine, friends that love me and know just what I need, date nights with Derek (free and at home), the studio is cleaned for this week, our tutor is coming this morning, exercise, the Ensign, General Conference next weekend, Stake Women's Conference coming up, and having work to do.

What helps you to KEEP CALM and CARRY ON?

6 comments:

maggie said...

1. can't wait. i have been awful at blogging lately. but i have been diligently checking yours :)
2. i am like that too. maybe it's the winter blahs, hence number one.
3. good luck and have fun.
4. :) ..... and I like those prints too.
5. please send the warmth east toward me :)

BKBB said...

We had boxed notecards with the Keep Calm and Carry On slogan on them at the Victor Lundeen Co. Already sold out--glad I picked up a box. Wish we could carry the posters--I would love one!

Heather said...

BKBB...hmmmm. Kim? How did you find my blog? Welcome. If this isn't Kim, then who? :)

the mom~ said...

SLEEP keeps me carring on...
HOPE for the future and I mean HOPE that Spring will come and I know it b/c my flowers are starting to poke through the ground. The snow is gone, the days are longer...
My friends and family, time away to re-energize...
:)

Lori said...

I love that you can recognize when the answer is Not Yet. You are one of the most spiritually in-tune people I know. I love you and want you to know how fabulous I think you are.

BKBB said...

yes Heather, it is that Kim--Brooke's mom. Not sure how I stumbled across your blog, but I do enjoy reading it! BKBB--first initials of everyone in our family and an old e-mail address.