January and February in Minnesota can get kinda gloomy. I do lots of things to help combat the winter blues. I exercise, go to church, read my scriptures, try to get plenty of sleep(I'm not so very good at this one), have regular date nights with my sweetheart and gno's with my girlfriends. I take vitamins, sit in the sunshine when we have it and try to create things. Another thing I love to do is peek into other worlds through blogland and find fabulous things that people are creating, doing, having, selling, etc.....I thought it would be fun to share with you some of my new found favorites.
I have been wanting a homemade colorful afghan like this one for a while now. Isn't is wonderful? It makes me want a snowstorm and time to snuggle and read all day. If anyone wanted to make me one just like it I would be ever so grateful. Might have to show this to Derek's grandma.
Here is another favorite!!! I showed this to Derek tonight and asked if he'd buy it for me for Valentines Day. So much better than a dozen roses!!! Then he reminded me that we are going to Florida and that I told him not to spend another penny on ANYTHING before we go. Hmpffff!
Some of you know that I have been searching for the perfect black peep toe heels for a while now. I think I've found them. What do you think of these? I heart them! I have some Gap rewards that would put these much closer to my price range than they currently are! Hmmm.
Okay....here is some more color. I love colorful things and seem to really crave color at this bleak time of year. I love these, and this cute bag, and of course this fabric that I've already shown you. Oh and how about this fabric?? Or do I like this set better?
I am pretty sure that I NEED this camera strap. This one is gone I am sure, but I wondered if I visited her Etsy shop I might get her to make me one of my very own. I keep thinking that I should be able to make one of these.
Of course I won't really get to have any of this wonderful goodness, but looking at it makes me feel just a little bit better if only for a few moments.
I do know that the real lift is always a spiritual one. That comes from attending church, reading my scriptures and saying my prayers every day, serving others and being obedient to God's commandments. Just wanted you to know that I know that this superficial stuff won't bring lasting happiness and peace.
But isn't it fun to look at?
ETA: Oh and don't you just love new beginnings??? Fresh starts??? It just so happens that it is both a Monday and the 1st of the month! It is also the beginning of a 6 week weight loss challenge at the fitness center that I take classes. I will be weighed in this morning. I will think heavy thoughts and then get busy thinking much lighter ones for the next six weeks. I love opportunities to start over. Each day is fresh...with no mistakes in it.(yet)
Favorite Part Of The Day
2 days ago


6 comments:
I feel like I am in a funk right now, reading your post helps. I don't feel like doing much of anything. I blame it on winter. Boo. Good luck on your new challenge! And Florida sounds good right now, hope you have better weather than I did! Sure you will.....I think I am still in that post trip let down too.
Headin' to FL? For V Day weekend? Luuucky!!!!! Your cute links were fabulous for chasing away Monday blues, Thanks!
Woohoo on the weight loss challenge, I hope you win...the 1st place prize is AWESOME!!!! GO HH! And that necklace, I WANT ONE! So cute!!! Fun stuff you look at!
You are awesome. Now that I have had some sunshine I feel much better. Just hang in there....not long until spring!!
Hurray for positive coping strategies! Lots of fun stuff to look at. As for the PN challenge, you will ROCK! I feel it in my bones!!! Always know I will help in anyway possible.
I can wait for your next instalment, you make me smile. Love, Aunt Tammy
Post a Comment