Friday, December 11, 2009

December Daily: December 11

Nativity picture drawn by Danelle


So Christmas is just two weeks away. Are you ready?
Here's what I've done so far:
*tried really hard to keep the Spirit of our Lord and Savior in my heart this season

*baked treats with the girls and delivered to neighbors (and some strangers too....fun stuff!)

*watched one of my favorite holiday movies

*read our advent book with the girls each evening

*mailed off 6 packages to family and friends far away

*made ornaments for our annual ornament exchange

*ordered Derek's gift (it'll be ready next week)

*watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional

*remembered to do our Christmas advent countdown each night (except one)
*listened to lots of Christmas music



What I still need to do:

*head to Fargo for a girlfriends shopping trip

*figure out what I have for who and what I still need to get (for my girls only...everyone else is DONE!)

*write our Christmas letter and order cards

*address envelopes and send out Christmas cards/letter

*visit Johnson's Christmas village

*drive around and look at the lights

*wrap presents

*watch A Muppet Christmas Carol, White Christmas, and Mr. Kruger's Christmas

*finish two photo orders and get them delivered SOON

*read more of our favorite Christmas stories and books

*decorate gingerbread houses

*ring the bell for Salvation Army

*drop off our toy donations



Holy Cow.....we'd better get busy!!!

If you're still needing inspiration or ideas for Christmas or want to get an early start on next year, check out the ideas at this awesome blog.

4 comments:

Lori said...

You've been busy. I need to work harder at the Christmas Spirit thing this year. Not feeling it so much. I guess I'll blame it on my Mom...and Kevin! Thanks for the shot of cheer!!

the mom~ said...

What awesome blog? Was there a link? Or did you mean your awesome blog??? I need ideas for ornaments.

Nae said...

You are doing great, Heather! Add to it that you are teaching grades 7, 5, 3 and 1st and your are actually doing FANTASTIC!

Heather said...

Lori, what are you talking about....lack of cheer? Pshaw!
Salena, click on the word blog...the link is working for me. It is actually an awesome list of tutorials and ideas for ornaments and more. I bookmarked several ideas for next year.
Nae, thanks for building me up! That is my third compliment today...WOOHOO!