Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Starting Over

Back in the day (a long, long time ago) when Derek was a manager at a store called Home Base, he was in charge of the store's safety training. He had a big sign in the employees' break room area that stated how many days the store had gone without an accident. He held training seminars, helped employees obtain fork lift licenses and put up pictures of his family all in the name of keep employees and customers safe. I remember going in to the store to visit occasionally and always being really excited for him when the number was high, like in the 80's or more. I think he held his breath when it got over a hundred. I don't remember his store's record, but I am thinking that I now need a sign for our home.

Yesterday was our 98th day since Kamiryn's ER visit for her crushed fingers. Two days short of one hundred. And we had to visit again. Same doctor. Same nurse. Same hurt kid. Last night around dinner time Kamiryn did some kind of acrobatic, karate-kidesque maneuver while standing on the coffee table in the basement while watching her sisters play wii. Somehow she ended up with a canyon like gouge in her leg a few inches below her knee. It was deep. I could see several different layers of stuff in there. Luckily the skin that should have covered that portion of her leg was still there, just shoved way up into her leg. It took 6 stitches to put her together again. She was once more so very brave.
I told her she can now stop proving that to us. We know.
And now we start over. With lots of prayers for an infection free recovery. And lots of prayers to avoid the ER for a while.


Day 1

8 comments:

julie Turner said...

Marc broke the same arm three times within 5 years:)! Same ambulance and police ( he broke them at school and had ambulance rides)

Christine said...

LOL...we are on day two for Trent, only difference is his was sibling inflicted! Hope you feel better Kami, you were still in our prayers anyway ;)

Wendy said...

Poor dear. I hope she is feeling better. That sounds painful.

the mom~ said...

Kami Zo!!! Seriously little girl, slow down!!!

Lori said...

I think you just need to duct tape her to a chair for 23 hours out of the day. That'll fix it!! =)

Samantha said...

You have one tough cookie!!!

Nae said...

Ouchie! Poor Kami!! Tell her that she no longer needs to be the example for "how to handle trauma" for the rest of us. Here's to day two being injury free for the whole Hubert household.

Melissa said...

Our family has had one ER visit in 13 years; it required six stitches.
And I have FIVE BOYS!!!!!

You'd think our two family's statistics would be switched around, considering the gender differences...

See you Saturday?