Monday, June 29, 2009

Fresh Start Monday

I had never been a huge fan of Mondays. Fridays were always more my thing. Or whatever day Derek had off, but I read a few blogs of women that love Mondays. I am beginning to appreciate the fresh start that Monday brings. It is a clean slate, a chance to start all over again on whatever goals I am currently pursuing. So here I am at the end of a Monday evening, ready to head to bed and as I reflect on all that I accomplished today I am feeling pretty darn good about this particular Monday.
Starting at 4:05 in the morning, I:
prayed
studied the scriptures
journaled
completed a YW value experience
went to exercise class

visited with Lori
ate breakfast
cleaned the kitchen
started a load of laundry
read a little bit of Fablehaven
read to Madi for an hour (and the other girls for about a half hour of that)

showered and dressed
had family scripture study and prayer
made Derek lunch and sent him off to work

rolled Kamiryn's hair in sponge curlers
helped Miranda with a 4-H project for the fair
stayed off of facebook until almost noon :)
chatted with one of my brothers on facebook
took girls to band
did a 6 year old photoshoot of Kamiryn
went to Home Depot, the dentist and the doctor's office to drop off payments
stopped in a field of dandelions for more pictures
took Madi to the reading coach at the library

checked out 2 books on education at the library
headed to swim team
tried to visit Lori
picked up Madi and dropped off Miranda at the Y

home
switched the laundry
cleaned the laundry room
broke down boxes and threw away trash from laundry room
decided on dinner
cleaned out pantry
got girls started on tacos for dinner
picked up Miranda
went to the grocery store
helped girls finish tacos

ate our yummy dinner
cleaned up
started the dishwasher
met Salena and the boys at the park
home again
changed one of Kamiryn's band aids
folded a load of laundry with the girls
Salena stopped by for some doctoring of her finger
sent girls downstairs for 15 minutes of basement cleaning
started another load of laundry
swept laundry room floor now that I can see it
had a family meeting
family prayer
bedtime for the girls
uploaded pictures from today
blogged
blogged again
had to decide which one to post today
headed to bed now
I am tired.

5 comments:

Charlene said...

Wow!! That is a great way to start your week!! and YAY!! for 4am!!! You're doing great with your goals!!

Lori said...

There really is a lot more time in the day now. I do love that feeling of accomplishment. You are doing so well and are helping me to reach my own goals. Thanks for that. You rock...Guitar Hero (and I) said so.

Wendy said...

Wow!

What a day. You go girl.

the mom~ said...

SHEESH woman! You sounds like BB :)
Glad it was productive though, those days feel great!

Nae said...

It took me a while to post a comment because I had to take a nap after I read you post... I got too tired. Two words for you... "super woman!!"