Thursday, May 28, 2009

good for another 3 years...

Tonight we had a very yummy dinner of meatloaf, gravy, mashed taters, corn and grapes.
It was delicious. But I did something that I NEVER do.
Seriously. Like pretty much never.
I put the food on the table in the pots and pans that they were prepared in.
I confused the heck out of Miranda. As she was about to pour the gravy into the gravy boat I stopped her. And then I told her to just put the pan of gravy on the table.
She just stood there and stared at me for a second or two.
"I know, I know" I said. "You have probably never seen me do this before."
She thought for a second and said "yes I have".
"When?" I asked.
"Oh, about 3 years ago. You were mad at dad and didn't feel good."
Huh.
Not mad tonight, just in a hurry.
So I'll wait 3 years and confuse another girl.
Because I can.

4 comments:

Lori said...

And the sky did not come crashing down?? Will the miracles never cease?? I LOVE this!! Don't ask me why. I just do. :)

Charlene said...

LOL!!I am not surprised that Miranda could give you the exact moment the last time you did that!! Too funny!!

Nae said...

It is good to break out of your box once in a while and shake things up in your house. Yeah for you!!

the mom~ said...

lol...that's so not you!