Sunday, February 8, 2009

a Saturday well spent

Yesterday was my kind of Saturday. Dani and I cleaned the studio first thing and got that out of the way nice and early. We treasure spending that time together and it is almost always accompanied by donuts and hot cocoa from the city bakery. Then it was home quick to swap girls and head to my first knitting class with Miranda.
We have a cute yarn store down town called Crates of Yarn.
I learned to knit!!!




I am quited excited about this and of course Miranda rocked the class
because she already knows how to knit.
She is just perfecting her technique and learning how to read and follow a pattern.
Then home to switch kids once again. Derek and I took Madi out for a lunch date for losing all her marbles (HUH???). We had a delightful time with that little girl! She is quite entertaining. Madi had a play date after lunch so we dropped her off at Kippy's and I headed home.
(Derek was off to run a few errands.)
I had a few hours to putz around the house, so I cleaned, did some laundry, edited photos,
sat in the sunshine and knitted, took some pictures ( I love this one of Dani's Saturday afternoon), watched a netflix with my family (while snuggling my Kamiryn girl), baked up some cookies, and helped Miranda make homemade pizza for dinner. After a mini emergency (I thought I had lost my purse) and a super quick drop-by visit (my Mom, Dad Lloyd and Abram), I was off for a gno with some of my best girlies.

A fabulous day indeed.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I wish someone would take me out every time I lost my marbles. sheesh...It does sound like a fabulous Saturday.

Heather said...

tee,hee, Lori.

Charlene said...

Your girls must have enjoyed every moment of their time with you guys!

Wendy said...

What a fun busy day. I don't get half that accomplished and yet I still feel like I've done something. I don't think I want to raise my standards. :)

the mom~ said...

I'd never be at home if got taken out for losing my marbles, LOL.
Glad you had a wonderful Saturday, so did we :)

Nae said...

I love Madi's comment when I asked her what happens when all your marbles are in the sad jar... "Something bad like a spanking." Too cute! So glad you found a fun new way to correct the kids. Can't wait to see your knitting projects!