
Happy Birthday Salena!
For those of you that know my dear sister, you will know that she doesn't celebrate her birthday on January 29.
No, she celebrates (and is celebrated) all week.
This is an improvement.
It used to be BIRTHDAY MONTH.
Now it's just BIRTHDAY WEEK.
Still. We are expected to comply. And of course we do. Because we love her and she is fabulous. That's why. It started Monday and it will go through at least Saturday night. That is when a group of us girls will take her to our nearest big city and coerce her into sitting on a saddle to be sung to in a restaurant that we don't have here in our little town. Yee Haw!
So for those of you that don't know my sister here are 32 fabulous facts to help you catch a glimpse of the wonderful woman that she is!
1. She is a good mommy. And those little boys love her dearly.
2. She can keep you up to date on all the latest celebrity gossip.
3. She is a wonderful gift giver.
4. She is hilariously funny.
5. Once she decides what she wants there is no stopping her.
6. She has enormous and incredible will power.
7. She is a loyal friend.
8. She is a really good cook.
9. My girls love having her for an Auntie.
10. In the summer she'll drive to just about anywhere I want to go for ice cream (30 minutes away), or taco bell (also 30 minutes away), or fabulous mozzarella sticks (an hour away!)
11. She is so much fun to scare!
12. She hits really hard when she is scared!
13. Salena loves vacations. Especially in winter.
14. Summer is her favorite season.
15. She loves her flip-flops and wears them before she should each spring.
16. The 4th of July is her favorite holiday! That might be tied with her birthday. She LOVES her birthday!
17. When your with Salena, you should not complain about ANYTHING on the 4th of July! lol
18. Salena loves the color red.
19. She collects Willow Tree figurines, red Fiestaware, purses and snowmen.
20. Salena likes teenage boys. Am I allowed to disclose that? If not, just ignore this one!
21. Salena loves carmel mocha's and....
22. Her cell phone, but not for talking....just for texting.
23. She wants to take voice lessons and try out for the musical here in town.
24. She doesn't run. At all as far as I know. But she wants to run a marathon. Hmmm.
25. She has relaxed tremendously.
26. She has always been a fantabulous housekeeper. She still is, but now she tells you to pick the dog hair out of your food and just keep eating!
27. SHE HAS A DOG!
28. Apparently she is unforgettable. Just this week she was contacted on Facebook by someone that knew her in Kindergarten. Salena was only at that school for one year. Wow!
29. She is good at getting her way. ;)
30. In her opinion, a birthday party isn't complete without balloons.
31. She has two of the cutest boys that I've ever known!
32. I wanted her to be a boy, but I'm so very glad that God knew better and I got my sister instead....she is my best friend and I love her so very much!!!!!
Happy Birthday Salena!!!
I truly hope that all of your dreams and wishes come true on this most favorite day of yours!


7 comments:
How cool! I think I did learn a couple more things about the birthday girl. Happy birthday, Salena!
Awwww....thanks and now that my mascara from yesterday running down my face I am ready to take Ethan to school.
I really love #'s 11 and 12,15,17,20, 24,and 26...those made me laugh the rest made me cry!
Thanks for the shout out, LOVE IT!!! And hey...I've seen that picture before!
What a sweet birthday message. I love the picture of Salena too. Happy Birthday Salena!!
HAVEN'T!!! Sorry!
Well, then...officially...Happy Birhtday!!! I feel so blessed to count you among my friends. I am thrilled to celebrate with you on Saturday!!!
Happy Birthday Salena!!!!
You are such a nice sister to write such a thoughtful list like that! I really like that picture of Salena. :)
Post a Comment