Miranda is truly an incredible child. Because she was my first I didn't readily comprehend just how amazing her early talents and abilities truly were. Each child is unique and equally amazing in her own way, but because today is Miranda's 12th birthday I'll be bragging her up a bit! Miranda could pull herself to standing in her crib or on a chair at 5 months, she sat up at 6 months, crawled at 7 months and walked at 8 months. From the time she could sit on her own (6 months) she would sit for up to 30 minutes at a time (no lie) and "read" her stack of board books. Miranda has never been a "typical kid" except for her favorite foods. She does love her p,b&j and of course pizza. She enjoys Lego's, blocks, making up stories, figuring things out, music, sewing, knitting, baking, wii, the color blue, and dancing.
Really though, if you ask any of her close friends or family members to tell you one fact about Miranda, chances are most of us will tell you the same thing.
Miranda LOVES to read!
Miranda has read thousands of books, many of them multiple times. She has read just about everything of interest to her in the kids section of our library(both the chapter and picture books). She has even been known to buy books and donate them if part of a series was missing. All of the regular librarians know her by name.
Miranda is also a fabulous clay artist. She has an eye for detail and can fashion amazing things out of even the smallest bit of clay. Last year Miranda made a chess set out of clay with each side being a family with a mom, dad, brothers, sisters, babies and dogs. In July she won grand champion for her clay set (4-H) at the county fair . Those that receive her clay creations as gifts always comment on her attention to detail. Miranda is an excellent student, incredibly responsible, and a good friend. I am very proud of Miranda for finishing the Faith in God program when there hasn't been a support structure for that program like there would be in a Ward unit of the church. She and I were pretty much on our own and I'll give you one guess as to who made sure we got it all done!
Today I get to go out to lunch with my girl, make her favorite dinner for a family get together and host a slumber party tomorrow night for 4 of her closest friends.
I'd do just about anything for each of my girls. They are so very worth it.
Have I ever told you how amazing my oldest is?
Happy Birthday Miranda!


7 comments:
And enough to bring tears to my eyes. I am SO glad that I get to be apart of her life and have since she was born...love you Retta Roo-
Hey Miranda, hope you have a super, spectacular birthday!! 12 is a big deal since it represents the last of your tween years.... sniff, sniff. Continue to give your mom lots to brag about, K? We love the wonderful young lady that you have become!
Miranda, we love your smile and the way you seem to know what needs to be done...and then you just do it. You are such a good example for your sisters. Keep up the good work.
Happy Birthday Miranda!! I am looking forward to having you in my class and sharing your wonderful talents and example to all of us!!
Wow! I remember going over to the duplex and washing my hands so I could hold the new baby. It's amazing that was 12 years ago.
Happy birthday.
Happy Birthday Miranda!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miranda!
Post a Comment