Saturday, July 5, 2008

*happy sigh*

Here are all 6 kids getting ready for the bike parade. Miranda walked next to Abram.
This is our semi-annual family photo....seriously this only happens twice a year! And we missed last year! See our shirts? The blue faded quite a bit, but they turned out nice I think. They are all so very different, but definitely make a statement that we are together!!!

My sweet girls. And yes, they all have 2 arms!



Madi and Ethan! Of course!!!


The end of the day when Kamiryn just wanted to go home and go to bed!
The 4th of July is my sister's favorite holiday and I think because of that I have very happy memories related to it as well. Although this was the first year in a really long time that we didn't spend the entire day together, we all still had a really good time. We were together on the evening of the 3rd for a fish fry at my mom & dad's with good food, a fire in the yard, roasted marshmallows and our town's fireworks display that evening. Then yesterday morning we were all together for an old fashioned 4th of July celebration at the museum. The kids were in the bike parade and had fun playing games. When it was time to part ways for the rest of the day Madi and Ethan wouldn't hear of it (of course!). So Madi stayed in town while the other girls and I headed out to the lake. Derek went to work. The weather couldn't have been better and the food, company and activities for the day were just about perfect. I won't claim it as my favorite, but I do love the 4th of July!!!

*okay, not so happy sigh now!!! Blogger won't let me add any photos now, but I am going to post anyway!!! And Salena.....it isn't my fault!* *eta* okay I was able to add photos, but not cut and paste, so this is it and I'm not foolin' with it any more. well not tonight anyway!

5 comments:

the mom~ said...

call me!

Valerie said...

Love the shirts. Good job!

Charlene said...

The shirts turned out great, the bikes turned out great, and the photos! What a great mom you are!!

Wendy said...

Fun summer memories. They are the best kind.

the mom~ said...

I love the pictures. Glad you were able to get them up! I love the one of Ethan and Madi.