Tuesday, July 15, 2008

ALL DONE!




As much as I love strawberries, I'm glad to be on the finished end of this project!


I ended up preserving 29 jars of freezer jam, canning 12 jars of strawberry-rhubarb jam and
13 mini jars of strawberry-rhubarb jam as well.
We also enjoyed lots of strawberry shortcake, smoothies, and fruit salad.
I may go picking one more time. Next week. After the fair.

Next up, photos of 4-H projects,
conference judging and the county fair.
I love living in the mid-west.
So very different from how I grew up in Southern California!

5 comments:

Charlene said...

That looks very yummy!! I need to learn how to do that. When are you pickin again?

Lori said...

Good for you. That is a great feeling. I still haven't been out to pick any. I'll blame it on my company. ;)

the mom~ said...

Oh YUMMY!!!

Valerie said...

Awesome. Looks like alot of hard work went into those.

Wendy said...

Yum! I'm getting ready for raspberry season. I have a small patch that I'm hovering over. I picked the first 5 ripe berries yesterday.

And then it's on to blackberries. I love homemade jam. I don't think I've bought jam for more than 10 years.